Eastern Leaders Group
Message from the Co-Chairs
Making an impact in our local community
It has been another successful year for the Eastern Leaders Group! In 2013 we were able to maintain and strengthen our existing programs as well as start expanding into new areas to meet our economic and quality of life needs.
- 9 LiveYpsi home purchases
- 3 microloans and 1 manufacturing gap financing loan awarded
- 14 commercial space re-use and facade grants awarded
- Expansion of the Depot Town farmers market
- 2 township economic development studies
- Assets for Independence savings program for Hamilton Crossing residents
- SPARK/UM unmanned vehicle/ Willow Run redevelopment assessment
- Creative design incubator to provide low cost design and marketing services to startup companies
- Development of a wayfinding plan to attract visitors to our area
- Consolidated school district marketing
Since its inception five years ago, the ELG's economic development programs have:
- Assisted 87 companies with space, capital and business services
- Leveraged over $4.5 million in federal, state, and private funding (includes streetscape)
- Helped to create or retain over 600 jobs
- Assisted 14 commercial building owners to renovate and rent their spaces
Our success continues to rely on our local partners: school districts, economic organizations, private businesses, and a host of local non-profits and secondary education stakeholders. We look forward to another great year of collaborating to meet the immediate and long-term economic and quality of life needs of Eastern Washtenaw County.
Here’s to further success in 2014!ELG Co-Chairs Leigh Greden & Robert Tetens
Looking to Relocate in Eastern Washtenaw County?
Try searching dozens of available properties using ZoomProspector; available at AnnArborUSA.org.